Here is someone who loves the Creole Season in Dominica ALMOST as much as I do :D
Creole in the Park is the greatest! and I am proud to have been associated with its development. The Botanical Gardens becomes my restaurant for the entire week, and every day I try something different. Crab is definitely the highlight of it all though! Hopefully one of these days our population of mountain chicken will be healthy again with the work of the good folks at the Division of Forestry & Wildlife and the Ministry of Agriculture. By the way, congratulations to Cable & Wireless for bringing Nasio Fontaine on to the programme this year, even if they refused to sponsor the Nasio-headlined show that we (Island Vybez Entertainment) were organising on behalf of the Dominica Foundation for Develoment. Thats cool... at least Nasio is FINALLY going to perform to his home crowd! (check out the video for "She Lost Track" the first single released from on his latest album at
Of course, the World Creole Music Festival is the flagship event of contemporary Creole music, and takes place on the last weekend in October every year. This year will be the 11th anniversary.
Jen, I do love your posts! We like to say that Dominica is a place for special people, and obviously you are one of those. Keep on loving it!
Living Dominica: It is almost Creole time
Discover Dominica
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Living Dominica: It is almost Creole time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a delight to find another Blog about DA!
I just found your Blog today so please keep the posts coming! I live in the US and the blogs are as close as I can get to DA for a while so I enjoy them.
I saw on Myspace that Nasio was playing home Thats such a blessing I wish I could be there I love the MAN!
Nice blog! And thanks for the kind reference to my blog, too... I am putting up a link to you.
I really appreciate your information about Around the world for free on Dominica. What a fun idea!
Post a Comment